AB PLC communication to Drive and SCADA

randheerp

I have an AB PLC with an Ethernet Port (L32E). If I want to communicate with 3 drives and a SCADA,

1. How I can connect it?

2. Is it a workable solution if I connect 3 Drives and a SCADA to PLC through a Ethernet Switch with different protocol for SCADA and Drives?

Or, its workable solution only if PLC Communication to 3 Drives and SCADA is through the same PROTOCOL (eg:Modbus)?

3. Or we can't connect Drives and SCADA to the same network?

The CompactLogix controllers support both cyclic (for I/O and control) and explicit (for monitoring and editing) data transfer over EtherNet/IP protocol through the same Ethernet port.

In general you can run both functions of the EtherNet/IP protocol on the same Ethernet network.

The CompactLogix does not support Modbus/TCP via its Ethernet port. You would need a Prosoft MVI69-MNET module or some other converter to run Modbus/TCP.