1746-ni16i Block Transfer Sample Program? Pls Help. Thanks..

ckchew666

Hi,

I'm configuring the 1746-NI16I in a remote rack using RIO. My local rack consist of a 1747-L543 and 1747-SN (slot 1). My remote chassis consists of 1747-ASB and one 1746-NI16I (slot 1) & 1746-NI4 slot 2).
I've a current injector supplying 4-20 mA to the 1746-NI16I. The 1747-SN is configured into 1/4 rack.

Tried to set, but no luck. The 4 channel status is not on at all, only the module status on in green color. The link (rio) is fine as the comm (RIO) led is on green color.

Just to try my luck here if anyone kind enough to give a word or two to me, even better with a sample program. Thanks.

Regards,
CK Chew

RIO is a challenge, sometimes!

Check to see that your M0 and G files are configured correctly, if they are not, there will be no information from the remote rack even if the RIO comm light is on. That light just says that the scanner and the adapter are talking. Check your user manual for the analog manuels for proper configuration of M0 and G files. Another good resource for you is the Allen-Bradley Knowledge base.