What 1756 IO Module can I use with a 845D Gray Code Encoder

Dan_Didit

I am migrating a PLC-5 to CLX. I do not have the option of changing out the existing encoders (845D-SJHZ25AGCW4).
8-24v DC, 256 counts/rotation NPN Open Collector.

Rockwell does not make an equivalent 1756 replacement for the 1771-DL module.

I am reading shaft position so that I can sync two shafts and lock their clutches.

Has anyone used a 1756-IV16 or an IB16IF to replace the DL? I have code to decode the gray code, just need the right hardware.

BTW - I have already fried one encoder trying to get it to work with the IB16IF, so I only need answers from those who have actually done it and it worked, no guesses please!
A wiring diagram would be very helpful....

Thanks!!
Dan

Similar Topics

Hi all, installed on chassis A17 an A/I from Allen-Bradley , problem is what ever I do , all channels are sticked on value 39.9 and cannot change...
Replies
Views
I am using Allen Bradley PLC 1756-L81E and EIP module 1756-EN2TR for Ethernet/IP communication. My communication works fine but in Get-Attribute...
Replies
Views
I have am trying to determine if I can use a 1756-IB16I (or some dc input equivalent) to handle a 24vdc input pulse frequency of 80 pulses per...
Replies
Views
We have a remove PLC rack that is being used to collect data from older equipment via a 1756-DHRIO module. This module occasionally faults out...
Replies
Views
Hi. Rockwell learning curve 132-1b. I was having trouble to change IP address on a EN2TR. Finally found out that I need to change the IP...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom