Connected Components Workbench PanelView 2711R

Dera bsee

Hi all,

I'm designing a new HMI but I'm having problems browsing the tags. This is my first time using the CCW software. I mostly have experience with Ignition and Factory Talk view.
I added a ML1100 PLC and gave it the ip adress and used the protocol Ethernet|Allen-Bradley Micrologix/ENI
When I go to the tag editor--external tab and click adress [...] I get an error stating "No controller is selected" even though on the table -Controller- I select the ML1100. I've looked online for resources and I've been through a lot of manuals and can't figure out what's going on.
Please help... :unsure:

HMI_CCW_ERROR.jpg

Last edited:
CCW can't program the ML product line, is that what you are trying to do? It also can't program the 2711R PanelViews either. It only programs the 2711C (PanelView Component) and the Micro800 PLCs.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to program the ML1100 with the software, I did that with the RSLogix 500. I'm programming the HMI and I'm trying to browse the tags to bind the tags to let's say a level indicator and so forth. I read the manual and input the ip adress and so forth but when I got to the tag editor and add a new tag (external tag) it say's that I didn't select a controller. My plc is in the network and I followed the correct communication protocol but just can't figure this out. It's a little embarrassing, I do a lot of programming in Ignition which is more complex, it's hard to believe this software is giving me this problem. I still haven't succeeded in adding the tag, any help will be much appreciated. Thank you all!

Last edited:
For the MicroLogix you need to manually type in the Data Table addresses in the Address field (B3:0/0, N7:10, etc.)...

714497 - PanelView Component: No controller selected in Connected Component Workbench
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George

Just so you are aware, there is no looking into the link I gave you. The technote simply says you must type in the Data Table addresses manually for this controller.

In the "Address" field, do not click on the elipses (...) button. Type the addresses in manually, such as B3:0/0, etc. as I described above.

G.