PLC CP1L with CJ1W-CIF12 connected to OMRON MX2 drivers

joserc

Hello,

I have an installation with an omron plc CP1L with a CJ1W-CIF12 module connected to eight omron MX2 drivers. I use the bus to modify the speed of the drivers from the PLC. In the plc I am using an omron function called "Modbus_MX2" and it seems that everything works fine because it is possible to change the speed in any of the drivers. However, when the drivers are active and I send a new speed reference to any them, it takes between 15 to 20 second for the driver to take the new speed. The port in the plc is configured with this settings 115200,8,1,N Serial gateway. I would like to know if this response time is normal with this configuration. If not, I would like to know what could be causing such an slow response. Thank you very much in advance. Regards

This sounds like a programming issue. There must be timers that will poll each of the drives.
Can you post the program or the part dealing with the communication?

Regards,

Hello, I am afraid that I do not know how to post code here. If it helps I can tell you that in the code I am just using an Omron functio called INV002_Refresh_X31 that I call in every program and it is always enabled (P_On). In the input Interval count I have a value of 10. Thanks.