PanelView Plus 1500, the trend always goes back to the same time point?

wendaiyu

Hi, guys, how’s going?

I added one “Trend Object” on screen A in PanelView Plus 1500. Then configured “Refresh Rate”, “Buffer” ……and set up X-Axis time span to 3 Hours.

Now the issue is: if HMI stays on screen A, the trend runs well.

But after 36 minutes (around), as long as I switch to another screen, then change back to screen A. The trend always goes back to 36 minutes (around) point, then starts to trend from that point/time.

Could you help me figure it out?

Thanks a lot.

1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG

the PV needs a datalog to save the data for the trend. You need to create a datalog and specify the tags you want logged. Then in the trend, you have to tell it to use that datalog.

OG

1. FIRST, in the project explorer, find the "Data Log Models" object located in the "Data Log" folder. Right click on it and make a new data log. Make sure to configure how often the log updates, and how many points you want to save. Don't go crazy with a very small refresh rate and a very large number of data points or you'll run out of storage on the PV. Add all the tags to the model that will be used in your trend.

2. THEN create your trend on your HMI screen and assign all the tags again. In the "Pen" tab, there is a small drop down labeled "Data Log Model". Drop that down and click the new data log model that you just created. Apply and close.

3. Finally, find the "Startup" options under the "System" folder in the project explorer. The little green flag. Double click this and make sure the box next to "Data Logging" is checked and you've selected your data model.

Note: To my knowledge, ME can only run ONE active data log at a time. If you have multiple trends in a single ME application, you will have to create a single data log model that records all the tags being used in all the trends in your program, and direct all your trends to that single data log model.