Delta HMI (DopSoft)

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, anyone know of any tricks to resolve the Communication Error 6, on a Delta HMI? The boss downloaded a CLX project remotely and now I am getting the error on several screens. I have looked for a common object to all the screens but can't find one. I have been painfully going through and deleting each object, re-installing program, to find the culprit.....let me emphasize the "painful" part. I was going between Studio 5k and DopSoft but things appear to be fine, but clearly aren't. I searched the users manual for a quick and easy way to find the problem child but didn't have any success. Hoping someone else here might know a trick to quickly resolve this. Thank you.

Error 6 pops up as: CommandError
Read PLC command error
Please check HMI read address could
over PLC useful address or not, or the
address cannot be written.

The translation in their manuals isn't the best!

Seems like an address in the PLC may have write protection on it or is missing.

The only goofy problem I've had with the Delta was related to the Alarm setup. The data table in the PLC had to be increased or else I would continually get address errors, even though every address/item on the individual screens were fine. It didn't even care how many alarms I actually had configured.
I primarily use them with 1400's, but if your alarm address was {PLC}0@FAULTS[0] I'd make sure that data type was at least a DINT[9].

Also check the other configuration settings, if there's a referenced address in the global settings those error messages will constantly appear. Tag Table (even an unused tag with bad address may prompt an error), Control Block, and RTC are probably common areas to have tags set.

Error 6 pops up as: CommandError
Read PLC command error
Please check HMI read address could
over PLC useful address or not, or the
address cannot be written.

The translation in their manuals isn't the best!

Seems like an address in the PLC may have write protection on it or is missing.

The only goofy problem I've had with the Delta was related to the Alarm setup. The data table in the PLC had to be increased or else I would continually get address errors, even though every address/item on the individual screens were fine. It didn't even care how many alarms I actually had configured.
I primarily use them with 1400's, but if your alarm address was {PLC}0@FAULTS[0] I'd make sure that data type was at least a DINT[9].

Also check the other configuration settings, if there's a referenced address in the global settings those error messages will constantly appear. Tag Table (even an unused tag with bad address may prompt an error), Control Block, and RTC are probably common areas to have tags set.

I see what happened. The boss created new tags in Studio 5K but neglected to update the tag database in DopSoft. I am now going through the manual to figure out how to upload the logix tags to Dopsoft. I have been working with DopSoft a total of about 24 hours....not real impressed. Lol

It takes some getting used to, but I've come to really like it. It's extremely simple for the basic HMI operations. The more advanced functions like recipes and logging can seem daunting at first but they have pretty good step by step instructions in their manual for them.

For the tags, the key is using the right driver in the Communications Settings as there are two for the Compact/Control family- use the one that says (Use Tags) after it. Then an Import box shows up where you can select a .csv file.

It takes some getting used to, but I've come to really like it. It's extremely simple for the basic HMI operations. The more advanced functions like recipes and logging can seem daunting at first but they have pretty good step by step instructions in their manual for them.

For the tags, the key is using the right driver in the Communications Settings as there are two for the Compact/Control family- use the one that says (Use Tags) after it. Then an Import box shows up where you can select a .csv file.

Thank you (y)