RSLogix 5000 Cross Reference Display

fredbear

In RSLogix 5 and 500, you can set the cross reference disply on rungs. Is there any way to do the same thing in 5000? And if not, why is nobody else complaining about this? I have searched throuygh the archives here and in the inter-webs to no avail.

I use this function intensively in complicated 500 and 5 programs. Being able to track down errant behaviour when on-line is invaluable. I fear that not being able to do so in 5000 will reduce my effectiveness.

Last edited:
Click on the tag name, press 'CTRL'+ F and then click on 'Find all' or 'find next'. If Find all was used, close the window and use 'F4' or Shift+F4 to go through all references found.
But then I am using V16. What version are you using?

The program I'm currently looking at uses version 12, but I "have" everything between 10 and 16. It's program dependent, of course, but this seems like a relatively simple feature that seems to be completely missing in 5000. The 'Find' function is annoying and cumbersome, not really adequate as a replacement for the very handy (almost indispensable) rung cross reference display.

I just right click the tag and choose cross reference...

Maybe it is just because I have never got a chance to check Rslogix5/500 out... :)

I'm not sure if it was caught that the OP wanted to know if it was possible to have the cross reference show as an integral part of the actual ladder display as in the other software packages.

We have asked the developers for this feature at RSTechEd, and at automation fair, and they wrote down. I have been told that it may be included in future releases. As of now it is not there as it is in Logix5 and Logix500.

Oh, I get it, I should have read a little closer. It's as clear as day now that I read it again.

That makes a lot of sense Fred. I have just learned to deal with it I guess. It would be a handy feature. I have 500 setup that way on my PC, and when I use other PC's, it drives me nuts when it's not setup that way.