Change IP addresses from Runtime in Panelview

Paul_Pereira

So I have a panelview plus 600 hooked to a L33er plc. Plc is 192.168.10.2 and the panelview is 192.168.10.3. I would like to be able to change the IP address of the plc from the runtime application (change both the ip address on the plc and also the plc ip address the HMI should be looking for) which will of course end up in a comms error but then also change the panelview Ip address through the runtime, hence restoring communications. Is there a way to do this?

Everything is possible with enough custom software, but there are no ordinary or easy methods to do what you describe, because there are straightforward development software tools that do each of those functions.

A ControlLogix can programmatically set its own IP address.

The FactoryTalk Linx Shortcut configuration in a PanelView Plus cannot be changed programmatically by the FactoryTalk View application.

The IP address of the PanelView Plus terminal itself is set using the operating system configuration tools via the Configuration Mode menus or the Windows CE/Windows 10 IoT Core desktop.