adding new AI to PLC5 as remote IO

FASEELATH

adding new AI to PLC5 as remote IO
team,
it will be great if some one help me on this.

I have a PLC5 controller, and several SLC remote IO racks, I assigned to add a 1746AI module to one remote IO rack. can you tell me what will be the procedure for that.

what i afraid is if I do Autoconfig in online mode is there any chance of changing current IO configuration setup.

I assumes it is 1 slot addressing, if i manually configure how i will edit attached configuration file.

i will be adding 1746 NI4 to logical rack 4 and slot 4 of 7 slot rack.

slot 0 ASB
slot 1 DI 16
slot 2 DI 16
slot 3 DO 16

slot 4 AI4(new)

your guideline will be so appreciated

thanks
regards
faseelath
Attached Images
attachment.php

The most important thing to understand with RSLogix5 is that some of the settings you are looking at are simply for documentation and have absolutely no effect on the PLC or the adapter modules.

The most important part of your task will be to document how all of the affected dipswitches are set, and how the scanner channel is configured.

The channel configuration you are showing tells us that the scanner channel is already configured to look for 3/4 logical rack at logical rack number 4, and the range of I/O that can occupy that space is 040 to 045.

Your existing three cards (if single slot addressing) will be found at I:040, I:041, and O:042...but you need the dipswitch information from the 1747-ASB fir that physical chassis in order to know that addressing mode is being used.

If you have the commonly chosen 1-slot addressing mode, then your new card will fall into logical r-g-s (rack, group, slot) 0-4-3 so this is the place where you will want to target your block transfers to get the data back and forth from the specialty module. Since it's a 4 channel card it is not going to fit into the normal discrete transfer area (I:043), so the block transfer instructions will need to be added in order to get the data to/from the card transferred to (typicaly N) user file area.

Nutshell: get the dipswitch information from the 1747-ASB and post it.

Is rack four existing and working with the digital modules ? And now you are trying to add just a analog module to the rack?

Can you post your .RSP file, ( zip it first) that will help us show you how to add the analog module.
Adding the module to the I/O configuration and letting the software add the "BTR" instruction is the easiest way, post your program and we can give you an example.

thanks,

DIP switch setting are

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
sw1 on on on off on on on on
sw2 on on off on on on off on
sw3 on on on on on off off on

the program is attached,

Given the program you posted and the unused words it shows see example below for
reading your newly installed 1746-NI4 analog module in rack 4.
I would double check the word usage before using the example below to make sure the program you posted is up to date.

analogexample.jpg