MSG delete socket error

durioner

Hi guys,
I have a problem with delete socket message. I'm connecting GuardLogix 5580 with device without ESD file. PLC is a client, the device is a server. During the connection. delete socket message is showing error 16#0002 or 16#0005. The first one is resource unavailable, second one class or instance not supported.
Can anyone help me?
Connection is made by using 1756-EN2TR.

Last edited:
It's impossible to help without seen your code.
16#0005 errors are probably because socket already closed or does not exist. Are you getting any extended codes?
16#0005 is actually in the manual.
Socket can be closed due to timeout, by peer or another Delete message, including Delete All.

16#0002 is also in the manual and is pointing to the delete request while Read or Write still active on the same socket.

I would recommend to use an AOI sockets code from the knowledge base. it will save you time.

Can you please copy the link to the AOI that you are using?
I'm using currently the code for T_COMM block, I have found it on Siemens site.

Make sure the instance of deleting the socket is the same instance you've created and opened the socket with.