Managing Motion Control alarms.

Grzesiuk

Hi!

I would like to ask you, how are you managing the alarms from Motion Control that has to be displayed in HMI. If we have two drives (one FC per drive), and we use Motion Control blocks separately for each one, we write ID and INFO error to corresponding Words of Global Data Blocks for that axis. However, comparing these Words to specific alarm's code (for example if "Axis_1".MC_Power_Error_ID = 16#8000 AND ...INFO = 16#0001 then we set the bit that will trigger HMI alarm) seems to be a little exhausting to compare at least half of the alarms list and surely its not flexible and readable. So the question is - what is the best practice to gather the alarms of integrated Motion blocks and put the corresponding alarm message to HMI? I would be grateful for any tips :)

Cześć

HMI Alarms and how they are done are always quite a personal thing. Some people like lots and lots, some people just use 1 that says "ALARM"

In the past I have used an INT in the PLC which changes value per alarm and then use a text list in the HMI to translate to actual text. Alternatively I have created a text list from the MC status output from the help file, take a while but you only have to do it once.

Thanks, I got it, so I guess there is no the best and one solution to solve that managing and it depends on, as you say, personal way of programming.

I use a similar method to janner.

Create a text list in the HMI and embed into an alarm.

So you end up with an alarm like "Axis_1_Fault - <Text_List>"