Controlling Powerflex 700H Via Ethernet and Digital Inputs

CallumMacEwen

Hello,

Currently I am controlling the Powerflex 700H via Ethernet and everything is working well.

The client is wanting Auto/Manual function so when its on Auto the drive will control via PLC (ethernet) then when the drive is in manual, there will be Start and Stop push buttons that become available and this will control the drive to a fixed speed via digital inputs.

I am sure this will be possible I am just wondering if anyone out there has any experience in doing this?

Could you not simply wire the start/stop buttons as PLC inouts then do all your Auto/ Manual Control in 1 place??

I did a PF700 on Vector control that was hardwired to the PLC and all controlled via Ethernet/IP, this had start/stop control via the push buttons the fully auto control when required.

Last edited: