Panelview Plus 7 HMI file server wants credentials

We have several PV Plus 7 HMIs that will not allow us to connect to it's file server for file management. I've confirmed that the settings are fine. Firewall is not an issue. Other HMIs have the same settings and are on the same VLAN and work fine. When I attempt to connect, I get a connection failure along with a prompt for credentials. This setting is turned OFF in the HMI. No idea why I'm getting this.

A fellow engineer called rockwell and they failed to help. They suggested resetting to factory default, which worked for him, but I cannot do that. Perhaps I'm missing a setting somewhere?

FT ME version 9 is used.

same issue

this issue has never been resolved and now we have new equipment with the exact same symptom. could this be a windows problem?

I was able to connect to the HMIs file server service exactly once. i believe this was the same with the other HMIs too. every subsequent attempt is met with failure. windows claims i dont have permissions.