FLEX I/O Tag Syntax into Wonderware

Ones_Zeros

Hello
I'm trying to communicate to a PLC that has a FLEX I/O
from Wonderware. I can go online with the PLC (1769-L32E) and see the data coming in. but for some reason I cannot read this tag in wonderware.

here is the tag for example (Tag_New:0:I.Ch0Data) thats on the Flex IO
This tag is created in the controller tag section in the PLC

I created the Driver in SMC in wonderware as
-DASABCIP
-ENB_FLX (Host Name=IP address of Flex I/O)
-Backplane_FLX
-Logix_FLX

Can you guide me to what the correct tag syntax is in wonderware to read from the PLC?

Also should the IP in the SMC configuration be for the Main PLC or the FLEX I/O IP address?

Thanks

What exact version of Wonderware's ABDASCIP are you using ?

It's possible that it can't handle tags with colons in them or requires specific syntax to handle them.

A colon separator character is typical of a Module-defined tag or a Program-scope tag in ControlLogix, and is typical of a PLC/SLC type data table register in the PLC/SLC/MicroLogix.

In general, I recommend against directly reading I/O tags from an HMI. We get a lot of posts we get where somebody discovers that their HMI doesn't support an IO-data-specific syntax or offset because it was designed to talk to ordinary memory tags or memory registers.

I couldn't see the forest for the trees there.

Mike's advice is exactly right; The main issue is that the IP address that Wonderware was pointed to was the I/O adapter, not the CPU.

Don't mistake the fact that FLEX I/O is in use for the FlexLogix CPU; that's an obsolete and short lived variant of the ControlLogix family that used 1794 I/O directly.

Modern CompactLogix and ControlLogix can use FLEX for I/O, but the 1794-AENT is just an I/O adapter.