FT View SE Users

Alan Case

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi.
Not sure if I am missing something basic but is there a way to dynamically add / delete and edit users in Factory Talk view SE standalone as you can in ME for a Panelview. (ie put buttons on the screen for a user to do these tasks)
Regards Alan

There doesn't appear to be a command for this. You could use the Appstart command to open the Administration Console. But that probably isn't as clean as what you wanted.

OG

Hi.
Found a helpful girl at Tech support who found the method for me to do this.
Pre version 11 you use AppStart. From version 11 you put a button on the screen and in the animation properties of the button select the "Hyperlink" option.
In the address section put "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Rockwell\FTAdmin.exe" with the quote marks. (This is for windows 7, Win 10 may be different)
You can then do what ever you want then with the users.
Not as neat as ME but usable.
Regards Alan