PCV % opening not same with % displayed on Vijeo Citect

IdealDan

Hi Friends,

A quick one please:

Today, I observed a PCV in my Process with 4% open (LOCALLY) and displays 96% open on Vijeo Citect SCADA.

I suspect a design error on the numeric display object which I intend checking it tomorrow.

I'm just wondering if there could be other possibilities? Please what's your opinion?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
There could be literally hundreds of other reasons. Sounds like you are looking at closed vs open or vice versa. Could be as simple as subtracting it from 1.

There could be literally hundreds of other reasons. Sounds like you are looking at closed vs open or vice versa. Could be as simple as subtracting it from 1.
Hi mp91,

Could you please explain a bit further what and how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Someone told me to change the PID Control Action on the PLC5/30 from DIRECT ACTING (PV-SP) to REVERSE ACTING (SP-PV), which I doubt won't resolve this.
Guys what do you think please?

Thanks in advance.