CITECT 2016 Genie-Supergenie Passing Variable

akash11132

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All,

I am trying to pass a variable from Genie to Supergenie. I created a supergenie page with a whole lot of texts, custom genies and numeric entries with ?Placeholder? .

I have also created a genie button with %placeholder% text. The %placeholder% value is provided by the user.

Is there any way to pass the %placeholder% value from genie to the ?placeholder? value in the supergenie page?

I have tried the metadata associations. In the genie metadata properties, I provided the metadata name as 'Placeholder' and Value as %Placeholder%.

Similarly in the Supergenie page Association properties, I have set the association name as 'Placeholder'.

I am able to see the %placeholder% value provided by the user in the genie button. But , I am not able to see the ?Placeholder? value in any of the texts in the supergenie page.

Regards,
Akash

Thanks a lot Wasan. That is what I was exactly looking for.

I have followed every steps. While pasting the genie button in the graphics page,I have provided '1' in the placeholder during the prompt to pass 1 to ?placeholder? in the supergenie page.

But After compilation, I am seeing the ?placeholder? in supergenie as ?placeholder? only . The '1' is not getting passed to the ?placeholder? in supergenie page. Any solutions for this problem.

Regards,
Akash

Could you show us your setting of Super Genies, Genies, Genies parameter when you place it on graphic page and .ctz files of your project?