Scaling to parameter on GE Proficy Machine Edition

Taiwo88

How do i scale analog values in "int" form to give a scaled "real" value on GE proficy machine edition. N.B: I couldn't find the SCALE_REAL block in the tool chest. Is there any other way to possibly achieve this with the other options i.e. SCALE_INT, SCALE_WORD, SCALE_DINT etc.

The availability is version (and processor, I think) dependent, but in ME 7.5 SIM 5 connected to an RX7i system, I have used SCALE_INT, with SCALE_DINT and SCALE_UINT available.

Use a Scale_Int function and convert the result to REAL using an INT_to_REAL function.

Use the minimum and maximum %AI values at the ILO and IHI nodes and your engineering min and max values at the OLO and OHI nodes. For higher resolution, suppose you wanted to scale an analog range of zero to 32000 to percent from zero to 100. You could use zero and 320000 at ILO and IHI and zero and 10000 at OLO and OHI. Then convert the output to real and divide by 10 to give you two decimal places. Of course there will be roundoff error and if your analog module is 12-bit conversion the incremental values in the %AI data will be in steps of 8.

Some analog modules let you do scaling in hardware configuration. In that case, you would only need the INT_to_REAL instruction.

am maintainer of a system which has GE FANUC rx 7I series CPU with profibus card (SST-PFB3-VME ). i just had a problem that the devices stop commutnicating. SYS led on the card is bling red 4 times and green. COMM led is not lit.
I inserted a new card which we held as spare. and inserted it. the SYS led is glowing AMBER. i transferred the firmware file "PFB3.SS3" and made autorun=PFB3.SS3. and resetted the system.
But i see still the system is not working. and the system is not operational. i am trying to connecting through SST configuration tool. Default ID of dat system is 21 and Baud 1.5. but it was not connecting. can you pls suggest me . how can i go upon. as our plant is not operational and down. PLs can u help how da hex adress can be changed for initial operation is dere any tool or by hyperterminal.
It will be very grateful if u get me a way ahead to solve this.