RSLogix5 PLC5 application has encountered a problem

I try to start RSLogix5 and I get the following error;

"RSLogix5 PLC5 Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

This seems to happen to me about once a year, and I usually just uninstall and reinstall the PLC5 software and that fixes it. Has anyone run into this before and have an easier fix?

Thank you,
Wayne Bengston

I've seen it before. Usually, when I close the Logix 5 application then re-open it, the problem disappears. Occasionally, power cycling the computer is needed. I haven't had to uninstall/reinstall Logix 5 yet - maybe I have something to look forward to, oh joy.

We are running Windows 7 on our laptops and desktops with one exception: one desktop is running XP. I get the impression that Windows (all flavors) and RSLogix don't really like each other.....