CJ1 Ethernet/IP and odd byte sizes

JordanCClark

Lifetime Supporting Member
My setup:
  • CJ1G-H CPU44
  • CJ1W-EIP21 Rev 3.03
  • CX-One Version 4.25 with Network Configurator 3.51
  • Datalogic Matrix 120 barcode scanner

Been going along quite handily, Even getting data sharing to a CompactLogix (woohoo!).

But, I have an issue with the barcode scanner that has an output instance that is three bytes long. I am unable to create an odd sized tag in Network Configurator.

I think I read read somewhere that odd size byes were supported in v2 of the EIP21 module. Is my limitation now in my version of Network Configurator?

Regards,

Jordon,
I am working on basically the same situation.
Word back from Omron is the CS/CJ platform requires an even number of bytes.

NJ/NX platform can be even or odd number of bytes.

I will pass along the solution as soon as we get this resolved.

Just wanted to pop back in on this for a moment.

No budget to upgrade CX-One yet, but I may be able to add it in with other purchases later.

Gave up of the Matrix 120. I couldn't connect to the USB versions at all and the software seemed buggy to me on Windows 10. Could be Win10, could be Datalogic, could be some obscure group policy enforced by our illustrious IT department (or Mordac the Preventer, whichever you prefer). I also don't have time to reverse engineer their EDS file to an even number of bytes.

Settled on Keyence barcode scanners. Even number of bytes in their assemblies, and while a bit on the costly side, they just work. And in the end, that's what pays the bills.