Logix 5000 install problem

George- THANKS!!! I hope to reply in bits to this post with clear questions. Before I do,
I'm attaching several images to show the failed results with the newer versions- 10 thru 19 I have on one laptop. I can't recall now which version it defaulted to when I attempted the upload.

Today I followed some of your directions and was able to install the v.8.52 (the 8.20 is a reference to the Firmware- see the images) BUT, I ignored the comment regarding LINX. I use 2.52 on that laptop. I actually went online, started uploading from the PLC it got to about 3 progress bar segments then said can't do it. I'll try and upload those screenshots as well. I worked late, so if I don't finish tonight I hope to do so tomorrow.

I wanted to add: The SECRET to installing the version 8.52 is as mentioned: install just the program- uncheck the other boxes and install them later... that is the problem and why it stops at 47% on the install... thanks again George!(y)

George- Thanks- It worked...

George!!! IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU!!!

I used an old laptop with:

XP PRO SP2
RSL5K V8.52
RSLINX V2.42
REAL WORLD SERIAL PORT

I GOT IT ALL!!! By the way, I work with OEM's if they are still alive and not bankrupt. I lot of what I do is because of dead and bankrupt OEM's and the occasional dead beat OEM.

In this case the OEM emailed me the backup code but his copy is for a newer version of CPU and RSL5K, so now I can provide him with a copy of this backup in case he needs it.