Phoenix Contact ILC171 to Siemens CU320 Profibus communication issue

Roborooter

Hey All,

I am trying to get a Phoenix Contact ILC171 to communicate with a Siemens CU320 via a profibus module (IB IL PB MA-Pac). I currently have the Phoenix Contact PLC reading from the Siemens controller but the Siemens controller will not accept anything from the Phoenix Contact PLC. I was able to get in contact with Siemens and they said that I need to make sure that Bit 10 of the fist word of each object is set to true. I was under the impression that the telegrams that Siemens uses would handle the framing.

I am currently using Siemens telegram 105, PZD-10/10: SIMAMICS S DXB_PB in PCWORX and Free telegram configuration with BICO with Input data length 10 and output data length 10. There does not seem to be much more configuration I can do unless I am missing something. The pictures included are of the configuration in Siemens STARTER and Phoenix Contact PCWORX.

Any help letting me know either what you think is wrong or how to try what Siemens suggested would be very helpful.

PCWORX_Bus_Configuration.jpg PCWORX_I-O_Configuration.jpg STARTER_Profibus_Recieve_Configuration.jpg STARTER_Telegram_Configuration.jpg

Robo

What made you decide on Telegram 105? This is designed for Simotion and T CPU where DSC (dynamic servo control) is used
I cant see Phoenix implementing this.
What is your application? point to point moves? or?

tele105.jpg

Hello JRW

I am using the CU320 to control VFD's which are connected to generators. So I have continuous movement with torque/speed control.

As for choosing Telegram 105, I figured the framing would work regardless of telegram and telegram 105 has 10 words in and 10 words out, which is what I need for data logging. I guess I will have to do some reading into Siemens telegrams.

Thanks for the reply.