Industrial Automation - Stack Exchange Network staging zone

carretto

Hello, we have created a proposal for a question and answer network for industrial automation in the area of ​​the Stack Exchange Network.

Those interested in contributing. If it does have participating users it will be published the stackoverflow.com and superuser

This proposal is in: Definition The topic and audience are still being decided. It needs 60 followers 40 more questions with a score of 10 or more to move to the next phase.

The proposal is available at area 51 proposal site

PS:Area 51 is the Stack Exchange Network staging zone, where users come together to build new Q&A sites. New site ideas are proposed, discussed, and the best go on to beta. See the faq for more information

Thank you for your attention and participation.

Why would a stack exchange forum be better than this one?

Maybe it would not be a question of better or worse.
But being present on several platforms I believe is positive.
The integration with other great forums of technology mentioned in the post (stakoverflow) can be something that facilitates the life of the users.
The platform being modern is also a facilitator.

But being present on several platforms I believe is positive.
The integration with other great forums of technology mentioned in the post (stakoverflow) can be something that facilitates the life of the users.
The platform being modern is also a facilitator.

I think most users here are already in multiple platforms... and yet this is the most active in terms of movement and knowledge share on PLC's and associated equipment.

There's already a Reddit PLC space that has some people, there's another forum in a "modern" format that is not as nice as this as there is little interaction between brands/platforms, there's even a LinkedIn group that is mostly used for marketing from some people.

I think Stackoverflow already facilitates the life of people here as most of us do have to deal with networks and general IT stuff and that is a good place to find answers, but as far as PLC's go, I'm not so sure it will be a success.

Either way, good luck with it. Don't let the opinion of an overall ignorant like me stop you.

For what it's worth, I went to Area51 today with the intent of doing exactly as you have already done!

You have my support. I followed and blasted off an email to my co-workers.

Good luck!

I think having a section on stack exchange has value. A lot of people have requested a way to mark a thread/comment as SOLVED, and for many questions, the Stack exchange format has a lot of value compared to the discussion thread.

there's even a LinkedIn group that is mostly used for marketing from some people.

Is there anything on linkedin that ISN'T mostly focused on marketing?

For what it's worth, I went to Area51 today with the intent of doing exactly as you have already done!

You have my support. I followed and blasted off an email to my co-workers.

Good luck!

Thank you! We hope we can get you out of a proposal in Area 51 and become a reality! Let's Work!

If you need/want information about PLC's (Hardware or Software) this is the Number #1 place to get it.

If you want/need information about "Scada" then join the forum for what ever software you are using. I belong to Inductive Automation(ignition)!

Let's keep the professionals all in one place, everyone will have a better chance of getting a better answer.

I think having a section on stack exchange has value. A lot of people have requested a way to mark a thread/comment as SOLVED, and for many questions, the Stack exchange format has a lot of value compared to the discussion thread.

I second this, been on Stack Overflow for years and its ability to track solutions is far superior to a discussion board such as this. Good answers are promoted to the top of the thread, comments are under the question or answer that they're relevant to, etc.