Crimson 3.0

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Red Lion display on one of my machines that is linked to a Micrologix 1400. A while back I changed IP's on both to integrate them on my network.
They work fine, now I wanted to add 2 numeric indicators to each to give a gap readout. OEM has the glue gap readout and I will add encoders to 1400 for Rider rolls. Attached is OEM Program in Crimson 3.0. I added 2 tags U_RIDER & L_RIDER. I also added Block-5 under PLC1 and put 2 readouts on the right of Display Page Status
Not being familiar with Crimson 3.0 I am fumbling my way through it.
Can someone check this and see if it is ok or am I missing any thing
All I hope to accomplish is to read the addresses of F28:0 in the upper radout and F28:1 in the lower

You probably don't need the gateway block "Block5". It appears that the OEM is using the other blocks to handle comms between the ML1400 and some drives on a CAN network. If you are just reading and displaying ML1400 addresses, you can do without the gateway blocks. If you need to send the values in those F28 registers to one of the devices on a comm port or expansion card, then you will need to add the mapping to your gateway block.

Yes delete block 5, as long as you don't need to send that data to some other device using the HMI as a bridge.

The displays will show 2 digits before the decimal place and 4 digits after it, and there are no units assigned. I have a pet peeve about always showing units for numbers, but there are times when space is constrained or the units are obvious when I will omit them.