PLC Inventory Spreadsheet

Secpcb

Out of a need I created an Excel inventory of all the PLC's, HMI's and equipment I have to take care of.

In case anyone here may want to do the same for their shop I have attached a starter file. It only has the entries for 1 machine so you can see how it is formatted.

That's a well thought out list
I am going to use it at my shop
Just curious though = what's H.A.L.?

Or is that supposed to be HAL, as in "What's the matter, Dave?"

Hot Air Levelling - thats if the OP works in a PCB shop, which I assume he does.

I started my PLC journey in a PCB shop many years ago. Still will never forget the many array of horrible smells around that place!

I have a similar list for PLC's in machines sold to clients, for reference for future support calls, maintenance and modifications. Since in my case the PLC's are not in my company, I write down the client name, country and location. I include columns for current firmware version and programming software version. For PLC's with an ethernet connection I note the MAC address and IP address.

Toine,
I just added columns for firmware and IP address, Thamks.

Janner 10.
Yes, it's a PCB shop. And the smells are not any better now.
We have one line that is replenished with chlorine gas, another that runs on pure ammonia, more than one line that uses sulfuric acid, and some nitric acid. Then there are the gold plating lines that use cyanide - we get visits from homeland security to oversee our inventory and secure storage of the cyanide.

All good - I find spreadsheets like this essential, and sometimes they expand...

For the PLC's, I also added columns for the firmware/software revision, as we had/have issues with comms between PLC5 and CLX due to PLC5 rev number;I also added I/O type as we use a mixture of RIO, Ethernet, Devicenet, Controlnet. I also added the configured I/O count.
Then due to a question on a project, we added a sheet for Messages between PLCs - which PLC talks to which, and read/write, and source/destination.
Then which SCADAs talk to which PLCs....

For the HMIs, we also have the joy of some being on Remote I/O so need the Rack address as part of the spreadsheet, in case the backup is not complete.

That looks pretty good...
Have you considered Hyperlinking the cells to one another? So you can just click on something, and jump to what it's related to?
That is something I do for our Ethernet Network Switches. From the main switch, click on a port, and jump to the next device (and back).

Also, considering the amount of inter-related data, your spreadsheet is something I'd probably move to a database, then just use Excel to pull info from the database and put it in a presentable form. That can put #1 a lot of security on the information, who can view it only, who can edit it, etc... Even allowing temporary edits requiring approval before actual posting.
Admittedly, I've gone a little database crazy lately from diving into Ignition, but honestly, having a central repository for literally everything is nice.