crimson redlion g3 data tag scaling

kashifidrees

Dear Sir,

A modbus register of device to be communicated with red lion g3 contains data such that when the data is read than it should be scaled by deviding it with a constant .... how this deviding of data tag can be done with crimson 3.0 ????

thanks and best regards

Dear Sir,

A modbus register of device to be communicated with red lion g3 contains data such that when the data is read than it should be scaled by deviding it with a constant .... how this deviding of data tag can be done with crimson 3.0 ????

thanks and best regards

There are Various Ways, but the easiest is to Create a Numeric Tag and use Data Scaling on the Data Tab.

For instance if the input is 0 to 1000 (as an Integer) but the actual range is 0 to 100.0 you can choose Scale to Floating Point. You would set the Data From: field to 0 and the Data To: field to 1000 then set the Display From: to 0 and the Display To: to 100.0.

There are several other ways to do this but this is the easiest.

This way works with values that are Read/Write also (pretty cool). I have had applications that needed to be displayed in ºF but the device was in ºF so my Data From: was 0 and my Data To: was 100. Then my Display From: was 32.0 and my Display To: was 212.0. Since it was a setpoint, I could enter the value in ºF on the display and it would be re-converted to ºC automatically before it was sent to the Modbus device.

Thankyou for your prompt reply ... i guess this 'ld help in sloving the problem... the case is that i want to read a modbus register from protective relay on modbus 485 netwrok... the value in the register i want to read is motors current. This value must be divided by 16000 to get the actual current. now i 'll set domain from 0 to (150.0 x 16000) beacuse maximum value of current is 150 amps. and range from 0 to 150.0 amp by selection scaling to floating point

Thankyou for your prompt reply ... i guess this 'ld help in sloving the problem... the case is that i want to read a modbus register from protective relay on modbus 485 netwrok... the value in the register i want to read is motors current. This value must be divided by 16000 to get the actual current. now i 'll set domain from 0 to (150.0 x 16000) beacuse maximum value of current is 150 amps. and range from 0 to 150.0 amp by selection scaling to floating point

If the Span value is 16000 * 150 then it must not be an Integer Word so it is either a Floating Point or a Long Integer.

You don't have to Scale to a Floating Point, you can Scale to Integer, but I like to have values to the right of the decimal point in this range (typically anything under 1000.0).

If you agree, then you should set your Scaling to Scale to Integer

Data From: 0
Data To: 2400000
Display From: 0.0
Display To: 150.0