Using a HMI PB and ONS to allow FPM to increase by .1 but numbers wants to run away.

Do not reuse BOOL bits on ONS, just general rule. Make you a DINT[10] array and you will have lots of BOOLs to choose from when making one shots. Very common in programs I have written is we make a tag called ONS and it is a DINT[10]. 320 BOOLs to use now for one shots throughout your program as long as you leave it controller scoped.

So you are saying , that when I create my tag , instead of creating a BOOL with a Dim of 30 , choose DINT instead with a Dim of 30 ?

So you are saying , that when I create my tag , instead of creating a BOOL with a Dim of 30 , choose DINT instead with a Dim of 30 ?

BOOL 30 works. Just my recommendation. You can get in big discussions with people about how to setup your tag structure, I will not start that here.

Anyways, if you set up a DINT[30] and you name it ONS, then your tags will be ONS[0].1, .2, .3 and so on til 31 before you change your [0] to [1].

You won't be able to indirect address at the BOOL level like you can with your BOOL[30] but when you select your tag you will be able to select your ONS[0] for example and then click the down arrow and you will see which one's have been used already instead of cross referencing everytime. Plus 32 bit tags are supposed to be processed better within a 32 bit processor. Again I am not debating that nor starting that conversation.

Ok . I chose one rung and put a AFI to prevent the ONS that I have been using from triggering , then I put a branch underneath and created a single ONS , and it still wants to run away.

You know what . I'm using using a REAL number in my Foot Per Minute. On my other application that is working it is a INT that I'm using to change the Frequency Command.

Do you think using a REAL , could be causing this ?

What HMI software are you using? Is it possible that two separate HMIs are writing to the same PB tag?

Can't look at your code right now, but I don't see why a REAL would not work.

I've done what you're doing using a "Ramp" button in FTVME instead of doing it in the code. It used a real and worked fine.

If all else fails, you could use a hold timer and ONS the .DN bit to increment the FPM value.

Ok . I chose one rung and put a AFI to prevent the ONS that I have been using from triggering , then I put a branch underneath and created a single ONS , and it still wants to run away.

Do not put an AFI in front of another ONS that is using the same tag. Just change your tag of your ONS to another BOOL. When you cross reference any of your ONS's, their should only be one on the list. An AFI is Always False Instruction, it makes every output coil false every time it scans it. So your rung scans with the ONS high and it triggers the ADD once, then the program gets around to the AFI and now makes the ONS low. Then we make it back to the ONS that you need for the ADD and since it's low from before, well now it goes high and lets the ADD go again. Just change the ONS tag to something that is not used anywhere.

FYI ,

I added another ADD in the same rung using the same ONS , and a REAL tag , and the additional ADD indexes correctly , but the original is still running away. Incredible :(

Screenshot of the results attached.

Thanks so much for all your help.

I Got it. The REAL tags that I was trying to index by ,1 was actually being triggered in 30 other Sub Routines , that had the same Increase HMI Pushbuttons in . So really , I was triggering an ADD and a different ONS going to the same REAL tag to increse FPM .

Sorry , and thanks so much for the help.