Autocad 2007 Lt Help

PLC_NEWBIE

I was wondering if anyone knows how to print multiple pages in autocad 2007 lt. It gets tedious to open every file in a set of schematics and go to plot. There has to be a way to make a project file and then you could print the whole project, which is the whole set of schematics. Maybe since its LT that you dont have that option. At my previous employer we had autocad electrical and it used project files.

I'm running Autocad 2007 LT........

PLC_NEWBIE said:
I was wondering if anyone knows how to print multiple pages in autocad 2007 lt. It gets tedious to open every file in a set of schematics and go to plot. There has to be a way to make a project file and then you could print the whole project, which is the whole set of schematics. Maybe since its LT that you dont have that option. At my previous employer we had autocad electrical and it used project files.

I'm running Autocad 2007 LT........

I have no experience with your particular version, but typically you "publish" mutiple files and "plot" a single file in AutoCAD

well, there is this batch plot utility but as you probably have found out, it's not very good. the simple quick and dirty way is to write script to do repetitive tasks for you, then call the autocad from the batch file and feed it with script and DWG files names:

Batch file could look like this:

@ECHO OFF
TITLE=My ACAD Batch Ploter
ECHO Ready to Plot all DWG's?
ECHO Press Control C to Abort or any other key to continue
PAUSE
for %%f in (*.dwg) do acad.exe %%f /b "Plot.scr"
del /q *.bak

you may have to put Acad.exe in Path or just specify that path in the batch file like:

for %%f in (*.dwg) do "C:\Program Files\Whatever Acad version\acad.exe" %%f /b "Plot.scr"

and the script PLOT.SCR could look like this:

FILEDIA 0
ZOOM
EXTENTS
-PLOT
;Detailed plot configuration? [Yes/No] <No>:
Y
;Enter a layout name or [?] <Model>:
Model
;Enter an output device name or [?] <Xerox WorkCentre Pro 416>:
Kyocera Mita KM-3035 (KPDL)
;Enter paper size or [?] <Letter>:
;11x17
Tabloid
;Enter paper units [Inches/Millimeters] <Inches>:
Inches
;Enter drawing orientation [Portrait/Landscape] <Landscape>:
Landscape
;Plot upside down? [Yes/No] <No>
No
;Enter plot area [Display/Extents/Limits/View/Window] <Extents>:
Extents
;Enter plot scale (Plotted Inches=Drawing Units) or [Fit] <Fit>:
Fit
;Enter plot offset (x,y) or
<0.10,0.00>:
;Plot with plot styles? [Yes/No] <Yes>:
Yes
;Enter plot style table name or [?] (enter . for none) <monochrome.ctb>:
monochrome.ctb
;Plot with lineweights? [Yes/No] <Yes>
Yes
;Remove hidden lines? [Yes/No] <No>:
No
;Write the plot to a file [Yes/No] <N>:
No
;Save changes to model tab [Yes/No]? <N>
No
;Proceed with plot [Yes/No] <Y>:
Y
FILEDIA 1
Quit

you can make your own script files, just do things manually once and then copy and save whatever you see in the command window.
Note: Since script is simulating keyboard input to the command prompt, every character in the script MUST be exactly what AutoCad expects to see or it will get stuck...
This also means that you may have to change paper size etc. to match your system.
While this is crude, it sure speeds things up a lot, specially when doing multiple copies and it can be reused. By changing script you can let AutoCad do ANYTHING on bunch of drawings...
Also this should work on any AutoCad version.​

Last edited:
You can use the Publish command and print out your .dwgs to a single .dwf (Voloview) file. Then all you have to do is open the .dwf file and print out all of your drawings. It's also a handy feature to store as the file is fairly small and read-only. I usually send mine out to customers for approvals.

When I used LT98, I would convert them to PDFs using Adobe Acrobat, then make one big pdf with all hte pages. Once that's done anyone can view them and printing is a breeze...

Edit: recently, someone here clued me in to DWGgateway add ons for autocad...don't know if they're compatible with LT'07, but you could check...if so, then you don't need acrobat to make dwg into pdf...

http://www.dwggateway.com/

Last edited: