Cimplicity 6.1

manasi

Hi All,

I am using Cimplicity 6.1 with GE versamax PLC. And having 75 I/O runtime license for cimplicity. I have already registered this license in our workstaion (PC). but Cimplicity project is not communicating with PLC's CPU. but i can go online with plc ladder logic...means network is ok. Also Cimplicity project was working fine before registering the license. The necessary service pack required for Cimplicity is already installed and license registration is also successfuly done.
Can anybody help me in troubleshooting this problem.

-Manasi

Couple of questions -

1. This project existed? I take it you upgraded to 6.1 and put the license on it, and it no longer works?

2. How did you go online with the PLC (assuming ethernet)? Did you use the same computer that Cimplicity is running on? Your own laptop? If you used a computer other then the one Cimplicity is running on, you can't say for certain you don't have a network problem. Did you try pinging the PLC from the the cimplicity computer?

3. Did you start the cimplicity project?

Can you ping the PLC from the Cim[plicity PC? This will prove the ethernet comms.

Check cimplicty\hmi\registration to double check registrtion is not your problem

Check the project log files through the GEF Work Bench and see what alarms/messages are present. Maybe clear them and restart to remove clutter. This will usually indicate why your propject is bad

Reply here with what you find

Cheers, Chris

Yes, plc program (Proficy Machine Edition) and Cimplicity6.1 are ruuning on the same PC with Ethernet.
let me give detail idea of our system protocols...The Protocol for Cimplicity to PLC communication is S90 triplex. and for PLC to PC communication is Ethernet. I am using GE Versamax System and Cimplicity license is 75 I/O run time.
Which service packs need to be installed for Cimplicity 6.1

Thanks & Regards,
Manasi

Last edited:
Hi Manasi,

A couple of things to check:

1st: If you are using triplex S90_Protocol, check on your device, that you have the correct PLC model type selected, and the correct IP.

2nd: Check your log file, to see if there is any problem with the plc connection. (there is obviously one)and try using the S90_TCPIP protocol.

The triplex protocol is newer, but it's known to have some isues connecting to PLCs that are not new. (we have this problem here a couple of times) and we solve it using the S90_TCPIP protoco.

Keep it posted. If you want further help, attach your cimplicity log file. And a couple of screen shots of your port and driver configuration.

sapoleon said:
Hi Manasi,

A couple of things to check:

1st: If you are using triplex S90_Protocol, check on your device, that you have the correct PLC model type selected, and the correct IP.

2nd: Check your log file, to see if there is any problem with the plc connection. (there is obviously one)and try using the S90_TCPIP protocol.

The triplex protocol is newer, but it's known to have some isues connecting to PLCs that are not new. (we have this problem here a couple of times) and we solve it using the S90_TCPIP protoco.

Keep it posted. If you want further help, attach your cimplicity log file. And a couple of screen shots of your port and driver configuration.

thank you sir.
there's only one protocol...i.e S90 triplex. And the project was working fine with the same protocol before registering its license on that workstation.
i will ckeck once again according to your check list points will reply you shortly.

once again thanks for your thoughtfulness...

-Manasi

Last edited:
just a thought,

Is the default cpu that Cimplicity has listed for your plc, the actual cpu that is on your plc?

plc_padawan said:
just a thought,

Is the default cpu that Cimplicity has listed for your plc, the actual cpu that is on your plc?
you were right...the plc model type was Gefanuc Series 93-30 instead of Ge Versamax.

So, finally problem is solved...:)

-Manasi