Abode Flash

neuralnet

Hi Peeps,
Currently learning PLC's so very much a beginner, my college requires using PLCsimulator for screenshots...
small problem with no abode flash however, support was withdraw at the beginning of this year
I have tried looking at posts that date that far back (all 48 pages o_O ) and there is nothing
Announcements, nothing
Stickies, nothing

Attempted 6 different suggest software replacements (even abode debug tool), non work, even with reboots between

I cant be the first with this issue as its April already, so who has got around it?

welcome to the forum.

which plc are you trying to use?
what is your pc operating system?
adobe flashplayer reached its end of life on Dec. 31,2020
google replace flashplayer and you will get several suggestions, o haven't
done anything myself and will have to look into this myself.
james

Thanks for the welcome James

Windows 7, chrome web browser
and yes google is where I got my 6 options from, but they all seem to be geared for people who have games saved as .swf file formats
MS silverlight was also highlighted as a replacement, but it appears it wants nothing to do with these websites, even when running on Edge

Thanks for the welcome James

Windows 7, chrome web browser
and yes google is where I got my 6 options from, but they all seem to be geared for people who have games saved as .swf file formats
MS silverlight was also highlighted as a replacement, but it appears it wants nothing to do with these websites, even when running on Edge

Try to grab a really old copy of chrome from ~2010. Load it up on your PC if you can, otherwise on a VM. This should be able to run flash...

Seems to me that your college shouldn't require you to use flash technology, since it's no longer functional.

I suspect that the Adobe "debug tool" would do a fine job of playing .swf files offline, but through a browser via the Internet?

What are other students doing?

Yeah I'd go back to the lecturer / Tutor and ask if they have a solution. Hopefully that will prompt them to take a look themselves... probably realize it's not a viable assignment any more, and come up with something else. Plenty of adequate simulators out there as part of free software IDEs, i.e. Machine Expert Basic

Pretty bad of them not to even keep an eye on that kind of thing if it's integral to their class!

Thanks for the replies,
I have opted for the Machine Expert Basic (mainly for its name), thanks Saffa

My days of VMing are long past, since I left Solaris based environments I said goodbye to that forever :) so little patience these days PreLC lol

And yes a message will be added to the formal upload of my assignment, it may be an optional unit, but still should have been checked.

No doubt you will hear from me on these forums again, have fun :geek:

There are some semi useful Youtube videos on using Machine Expert, should hopefully get you to the point where you can write some logic, simulate and test. It's bearable for basic ladder logic.

I actually really dislike it for any real programming after coming from its big brother, Control Expert.

Good Luck!