Controllogix Alarm & Event - Event Creation

Jieve

Hello all,

I am trying to detect certain events (motor started, setpoint changed, etc.) and have these sent to the HMI using a FactoryTalk View SE local station. PLC is a Controllogix 5572, Studio 5000 v33. Reading through the Alarm & Event Configuration Manual, they seem to make no distinction between the two (alarms and events).

As a test, I set up an ALMD instruction with severity 1. It shows up a TRIP (as it is a digital alarm I suppose), in the default green color. I see under the Alarm Window Configuration, under the "states" tab, that events should actually show up in blue text, so I'm assuming there is a proper way to configure them.

So how do you properly configure an event in FactoryTalk View SE and Studio 5000?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!