Turck BL20 Programmable Gateway

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
I ran across a problem with a system done by others using a Red Lion G306 connected to a Turck BL20 Modbus TCP programmable Gateway.

They are experiencing a problem with the HMI showing a screen that says "PLEASE CYCLE POWER". Best I can tell from the G3 programming this is driven by a bit address in the PLC.

So I have some questions about the Turck PLC. Apparently I need Codesys v2.3.5.8 to communicate with it along with the BL20 target files.

I found a codesys store, registered, downloading software now.

My question (now just one as I found some things while typing this out):

Can I upload the logic from the BL20 without having the original source code?

I am sure once I get this installed, I will have more questions. Thanks.