Data to STRING tag at startup

JERA

Hi

I need to have some STRING tags with ”constant” data in my project. I use these tags to build the strings for another system, and the data in these tags is the standard data in the strings we send.

My problem is that if there is made a restart of the system the data in the tags is lost, and the strings we send is wrong. So how can I make tags with a “constant” data, so we don’t have the problem with wrong strings.

PLC : Flexlogix (1794-L34)
Software : RSLogix 5000

1. Save the data strings to a non-volitle memory location.
2. Set up a check, so that each scan, System Restart bit is checked.
3. If System Restart is on, move previous string data from non-volitle memory into working location.
4. Continue as usual.

Thanks

Lancie1 said:
1. Save the data strings to a non-volitle memory location.
2. Set up a check, so that each scan, System Restart bit is checked.
3. If System Restart is on, move previous string data from non-volitle memory into working location.
4. Continue as usual.

Thanks for your help. The trick works.