NEW FEATURE: File sharing added...

After download

I am surprise that after download some programs or documents here
Firewall has block my internet.
Is something wrong with an example download or not?
( Not sure sorry).if it done with other effect
:rolleyes:
After I turn of system restore and go to disk cleanup fungtion to clear all file in system restore
also,delete all file that I downloaded
then I can connect to internet & plcs.net again

cartoon006.gif

Last edited:
Re: After download

Platootod said:
I am surprise that after download some programs or documents here
Firewall has block my internet.
Is something wrong with an example download or not?
( Not sure sorry).if it done with other effect
:rolleyes:
After I turn of system restore and go to disk cleanup fungtion to clear all file in system restore
also,delete all file that I downloaded
then I can connect to internet & plcs.net again

Hi,
Sounds like a problem on your side...The download section has been functioning fine for months now. It will go live soon with the redesign. Really... :D
Enjoy,

Thanks a lot Prof.Phil

Thanks a lot Prof.Phil
Actully, I want to post some example program to provide some information as my little brain know too.
However,I have to check ...my Harddisk ..what happening inside :p :p

cartoon005.gif

Replacing or updating Files

Can files be updated? I have been posting files on my FTP site because I want to update them later. However, not everyone can access FTP sites so posting files here is my last alternative.
Also, the PID topics don't necessarily fit in a PLC category. I think you should have some application areas too.

Re: Replacing or updating Files

Hi Peter,

To upload, you need to register there. It's still a seperate database from this forum, hence dual registration. Sorry for the inconvenience but merging the username systems is on the 'to do list'.

Once registered there, you may upload files. Any file YOU have uploaded may be deleted ONLY by you. YOU may also change the description of the file YOU uploaded. In other words, you may delete or modify anything you upload. (fyi- I just added this feature so it wasn't there before if you had tried. )

Sounds like it will be appropriate for what you want to do and our community should benefit.

Please use the Misc section for the PID files. There is already some misc files like fieldbuses, etc in that directory.

Since I still haven't swapped over to the new site design... I have added a simple button to quickly get everyone to the download section from the forum. See it here:

[attachment]

Please ask if any future requests. (For example, get an email on new files added, or whatever)
And the site redesign really will happen... utoh
Enjoy,

click.gif

Last edited:
Hi Phil

I just joined today :)

Very nice site btw and some good users and info.

I have some Extruder Ladder Logic for AB 5/04's

Is the upload still 1MB as i think my projects are larger than this ?

Or i could just seperate them into the different subroutines ?

The samples are using the BTM Modules which i started using when they first came out and getting hold of ladders on these was rare, may help some peops out...

Also any thoughts on doing a file section on panelview software ?

cheers

I have a couple of PLC-5/80E programs that are around 3.5-4.0 megs in size. But, using maximum compression with Winzip, the zip files are less than 1 meg.

Are the compressed files > 1 meg? Now thats big.

504bloke said:
Is the upload still 1MB as i think my projects are larger than this ?

Also any thoughts on doing a file section on panelview software ?

Hi,
The upload still has a size limit.
If you zip the files they should compress quite well. If you don't have WinZip, etc I highly recommend this free compression software:
IZArc
It works great and is FREE. (I have no affiliation with them, etc. I just use it and can vouch that it's good... end disclaimer)

Regarding adding a Panelview section, if there's enough interest I'd be happy to. For now, please use the AllenBradley section.

Ok, lets put 3 feet in mouth. It is basically a communication system that is faster than light or electricity. It has just been proven, and tested. So Mr. Einstein was wrong. Wow.

I first heard about it in a magazine called 'Nexxus', which is probably banned in the U.S. lol.

I have tried to understand it, but the math is very very complex.

I made up this riddle years ago. Two cameras sit side by side. We will call them 1 and 2. Cam 1 has 386,000 miles of wire run out into space. Cam 2 has a mechanical system, same length, zero elastisity, run to same position. Both cameras have zoom lensed 'focused' on the above position 386,000 miles away.

A pushbutton is hit for Cam 1 while simultaneously the mechanical system for Cam 2 is 'actuated'.

What does Cam 2 take a picture of?

John

What is the purpose of having camera #1 included in your riddle?... :confused:

More importantly, what is the purpose of posting this in the file sharing thread??... :unsure:

beerchug

-Eric