EPlan, panel layouts, and plot frames

rblunt

I was baffled, but I think I figured it out, just wanted to check.

The plot frame for a backplane panel layout should be a lot bigger than the plot frame for a schematic page right? So it can encompass the panel which is drawn with things in their real size? Or you scale the panel layout down to fit with the plot frame?

I only know doing panel layouts from AutoCAD and we fit the plot frame to around the size of the panel.

Personally I like to scale the title block and leave the rest of the drawing full size.

Yes, me too, I guess I was expecting some auto magic thing to happen, because panel layout is a specific type of page.

Yes I leave the panel graphic at 1:1 scale, and change the page scale. This way I can send the panel door cutouts to waterjet cutter with a simple page export to DXF. And for the chassis plate, I know everything is going to fit by using the models from the data portal.