RSLogix500

gr3yb3ard

Ever since I upgraded my PC to a WIN10 native OS I have had nothing but problems connecting to SLC500s/Micrologix. I am running RSLogix500 in VMs. I have it installed on an XP VM (that i have used for years) and on some Win7 VMs. Linx will see the processor, usually let me connect, and then drop out within seconds to minutes.

I have tried the old CIP timeouts/etc trick in Linx and of course Rockwell Support had nothing. I also turned off firewalls/antivirus in VM and Host.

Anyone out there seen this or have an answer? Me and my guys are out of answers.

welcome to the forum.

several question for you.

what os did you upgrade from?
was this a fresh install?
what brand of vm? we use VMware on a fresh install of windows 10 pro and then upgraded to enterprise.
what version of linx? I have had issues in the past.

james

Do you get any error based on this? It seems to be a PC issue rather than RSLogix 500. I'm running it on this laptop which has Windows 10 on it without any problems. I also have another laptop which has it on a virtual and once again, no issues there.

I'd probably reach out to TechConnect if you have their support and see if they can capture some error log for you?