Delta WPLSoft Offline Programs Compare

mjoubert

Can anyone tell me how to compare 2 offline programs so that I can see what differences there are between the 2 programs. This is quite easy for Omron, Mitsubishi, Lenze PLC Designer etc. but for some reason this function seems to have been omitted in the Delta software.

I use Beyond Compare from Scooter Software to compare files. Depending on the file type though, the results can be interesting. Compiled files can be crazy looking, but text based files are easily compared (xml, .txt, .bat, etc). You can even equalize differences in the files. Also, its free.

Its a file compare. Depending on the type of file you compare it will look straightforward, or look like a mess. It shows the differences in the contents of two different files. If you right click on the file you want to compare and try to open it with a text editor like notepad or notepad ++ and it looks "normal", Beyond Compare will work great. If you open the file in a text editor and it looks crazy, it won't work for you. Its free though so its worth a shot, and if it doesn't work for this application its still a handy tool to have.