Microsoft webbrowser object in FactoryTalk View SE over RDP

scootsch

I have a distributed View SE (10.0 - latest patches) application on a Windows Server 2012R2.

On a display, I have an Microsoft webbrowser object in an ActiveX Control...it displays an intranet web page.

When the View SE client is run on the server, the web page runs fine. When it is run remotely via an RDP session, however, it hangs on loading, finally complains about scripting, and then scripts don't work. When accessed directly, the web page works fine from any computer.

The application.exe files are in these registry folders with the appropriate decimal value (11001): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION

I'm thinking that there is something more that I need to do to either force the version emulation or permit scripts.

I found the issue...Internet Explorer on the server was configured to point to an old proxy server. I updated the proxy server to match the clients and it now works fine.