Small TouchPanel HMI that can print simple text reports?

dguedez

si'm looking for a small,inexpensive, touchpanel HMI that can connect to a printer to print simple text reports. The HMI will read data from a compactlogix/micrologix PLC. Right now, I'm looking at a intouchME panel but i feel it is overkill and does not do exactly what i want it to do. It can print windows or take screenshot with scripting, but I really just need it to print a simple text template report.

Suggestions/recommendations welcomed.

Do you have a printer make/model specified or in mind?

not really. An inexpensive inkjet/laserjet printer will do. I'm guessing the HMI may dictate what printer i will need since they don't always support just any printer protocol (PCL, etc).

What do you consider inexpensive?

Not siemens. I say Redlion,Cmore, Eztouch, are fairly inexpensive. Maybe not go above 1500.

EDIT: maybe not over 2000, i have my eye on the windows 7 embedded eztouch HMI which is around 1700, but i have little experience with them. The customer does have a small eztouch panel in the field though.

Last edited:
Why add an HMI to achieve a simple print function?

You can print to a Zebra direct from plc. No need to add an HMI just to print.

Thank you for this, ill look into it, I think we also would like the HMI so they can edit data on the PLC, such as make corrections. Something they don't have right now. But i will look into this "Zebra".