Magelis hmi xbtg4320 and a twido plc twdlcda24drf

asim_rana

DEAR FRIENDS I HAVE A MAGELIS HMI XBTG4320 AND A TWIDO PLC TWDLCDA24DRF. I HAVE FOLLOWING DETAILS:

HARWARE SETTINGS:::
1-I AM USING TWIDOSUIT FOR PLC AND VIJEO DESIGNER FOR HMI.

2-I AM USING DOWNLOADING CABLE FOR HMI "XBTZG935" (PC)USB<------------------>USB(HMI)

3-THE CABLE B/W PLC AND HMI IS "XBTZ9780" (PLC)MINI DIN<----------->RJ45(HMI)
SOFTWARE SETTINGS:::

PLC:
1-OPENED TWIDOSUIT AND IN WORKSPACE OF DESCRIPTION I DRAGGED AND DROPPED TWIDO PLC TWDLCDA24DRF AND CLICKED ON TWIDO PLC AND SETTED THE TYPE MODBUS AND ADDRESS AS 2 (Slave).

2-SIMILARLY I DRAGGED AND DROPPED MAGELIS HMI AND MADE ITS SETTINGS AS MODBUS Master AND ADDRESS 0 (Master)

3- I JOINED THE MIN DIN CONNECTOR OF PLC WITH THE HMI, SO ON WORKSPACE IT SHOWED ME "MY NETWORK 1, 19200", PARITY=EVEN, STOP=1, DATA BITS=8

4-IN PROGRAMMING OF PLC I DIRECTLY ENERGIZED %M0 --------------------------------(%M0)

5- I DOWNLOADED THIS PROGRAM ON PLC.

HMI::

1-OPEN VIJEO DESIGNER CREATED A PROJECT WITH NETWORK AS MODBUS RTU AND SLAVE EQUIPMENT

"2" AS TWIDO PLC ADDRESS IN ABOVE PLC SETTINGS IS MADE ONE (CHECK STEP 1), XBTG MODEL=XBTG4320,

2-SETTINGS ARE ALSO LIKE THEIR IN PLC BAUD RATE 19200, PARITY=EVEN, STOP=1, DATA BITS=8, COM PORT=COM2

3-CREATED A VARIABLE WITH TYPE=DISCREAT, DEVICE ADDRESS %M0,SOURCE=EXTERNAL

4-I M JUST CREATED A CIRCLE AND IN ITS VISIBLE TAB I CHECK BLINKING ANIMATION AND AND SELECTED THE VARIABLE %M0 WHICH I CREATED ABOVE
CONCLUSION:

I HAVE DIRECTLY ENERGIZED %M0 FROM PLC AND ALSO CREATED A VARIABLE %M0 IN HMI AND TAGGED WITH THE BLINKING CIRCLE AND SELECT COM 2 IN HMI. BECAUSE COM2 IN HMI IS CONNECTING HMI ITSELF AND PLC THROUGH CABLE XBTZ9780 AS I DESCRIBED IN HARDWARE SECTION. NOW WHEN I DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM IN HMI, THERE IS A CIRCLE BUT ITS NOT BLINKING, AND AFTER SOME SECONDS IT SHOWS TIME OUT NO RESPONSE FROM PLC.

NOW BROTHERS HELP ME OUT WHY THIS IS SO. WHY %M0 IS NOT LINKED

I believe you need the PLC to be the master and the HMI setup to the slave

modbus twido.jpg

I don't believe that is an actual option.

I did try it first

The PLC can be set to master but the screen looks like it does not have a master set point.
So I would set this up as it is shown..

Last edited:
The modbus RTU driver for vijeo is a "master" driver.
If you want the screen to be the slave then you must use the modbus slave driver then select slave rtu.
All my projects on twido and xbt are setup this way and working. Plc slave, xbt master
For instance if you have multiple plcs and one screen then the screen is the master. Same can apply for this

Last edited:
excelent - I was trying to suggest a possible answer to the OP's Post
so the answer is?????

I have been looking at a Twido modbus setup today - not for a magelis screen though.
this was for several other devices - appologise to you CHUD - you are 100% correct - the PLC was set to Slave 01 all others went up from there @ 9600
maybe 9600 is the maximum setting

Im still awaiting the op's hmi program to properly check his settings. I think he found his mistake and moved on as he is already posting questions about comming to the modem for this project. Feedback from him would stop us from wasting our time

Im still awaiting the op's hmi program to properly check his settings. I think he found his mistake and moved on as he is already posting questions about comming to the modem for this project. Feedback from him would stop us from wasting our time

I might post that on his new post

No I did not slove it Yet.Attached is my latest configuration.
I did every thing but still its not working
Attached are the logic & HMI code.In addition to that i am also attaching the word file having complete configurations.
Please advise where is the problem
In addition to that near COM2 of HMI there is a small selector having R484 Polar ON-OFF.I had put that switch in both ways but still no response.

Rgds
Asim

have you noticed that the attached img relates to
"PORT 1" - none of your config 3 or 4 do

Yes I have two ports.
Port 1 is supposed to communicate with PC (For downloading) & To communicate with Magelis HMI (COM2 of HMI,RS485)

Port Two is NAC 232D, which will be supposed to communicate with GSM modem for sending SMS

As I said before. Stop changing the drivers default settings. Delete the old driver on vijeo and create a new one again. The only thing you need to change is the IEC language tickbox and then leave it on zero based adressing. Als dont change the parity and things like that. leave as default. Now go to twido and configure the same as it is in vijeo designer. Leave the baudrate in the beginning as default (9600). You can change it later if the speed is to slow

What about COM Port.By default,while creating a new driver, it is COM1 but in Magelis HMI it COM2 is RS485...