citect tag problem!

saloo4pro

Dear Sir i am new to citect, i am using Unity pro, with derived function blocks(that saves a lot of time for making logic) having derived data types , means structured tags, (have words, int, bool etc) with address %MW, while linking tags, this tag was not recognized in citect. I have following questions:

1. How to map Unity already created structured tag to citect (no array), i need to have the same structure at the same %MW (4000xx ,in citect )?
2. if i have sent one MW word, how to access the one bit from that word, i need to read that bit(digital in citect) so that i can turn on Lamp on individual bits of a word? for example MW1 in unity sent to citect 40001, in lamp appearance , Turn On: When (?) = 1; ? is my question?
3. Is it possible to access each bit read of structured tag(some how if possible to define in citect) ?
4. If I have sent Array in unity pro A[0] at %MW1, A[1] at %MW 2 and so on, In citect i have this tag successfully imported, how to read a specific array word bits to turn on a lamp condition?
5. How Cicode tag is created, if structured, then how?

Access individual bits of a Modbus word in Citect

There is two ways of accessing individual bits of a word value in Citect.

1) Use BITAND function to compare value of a individual bit with predefined value
eg. WORD 1 BIT 0;
MyBOOLTagValue = (TagWord1 BITAND 1);
eg. WORD 1 BIT 4;
MyBOOLTagValue = (TagWord1 BITAND 8);

2)Configure Citect Modbus tags if you are using Modbus to acces individual bits of a word.
If using Modbus TCP and MODNET protocol, you can create individual tag to access WORD 1 BIT 0.

Variable Tag Name: Word1Bit0
Cluster:"Your Cluster"
I/O Device Name: "Your I/O Device"
Address: 40001.1 (notice addres position 1 for bit 0)
Data Type: DIGITAL

Check Citect Knowledge Base, for more info on configuration of your driver.

Last edited: