Valve position control

munguni

i bought this motorized ball valve :'' HSH-Flo 1" DN25 2 Way SS304 Motorized Ball Valve,1 Inch Electrical Ball Valve- from china. its model or wiring is CR5-02 FIVE WIRE. OBTAINABLE FROM THIS LINK.,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DE9tpWQPrs&t=9s

On the basis of this video obtainable from this link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhINXt8igHU, i went on to buy the valve assuming that it is a 4-20mA as is seen from the second link.

i powered it from a 9volt dc power supply, it works perfectly, but when you try to power it from a PLC, It will not open. i still need to buy 8 more such valves

Does anyone has an idea as to whether the above valve has a position control as suggested in the two videos, and if so what is the wiring diagram required for this control. please note that the diagrams supplied by the suppliers do not have position control requirements

L Munguni

1. First link comes up as a video, not a wiring diagram.

2. Why do you see a need to power all nine valves from you PLC? Why not use an external DC power supply?

I would seriously consider my alternatives here, I seriously doubt the quality of this product..

I did a lot of control using valves without position feedback. I would simply compare my process signal, such as flow, to the flow setpoint. If it was low I'd use a short contact closure to "bump" the valve open a little. If flow was high I'd bump it closed. If the open or closed limit switch in the valve was tripped I'd know I had hit the limit of control.

An issue with using this valve to control flow is its 9 seconds from open to closed. That sort travel will make control pretty jumpy.