Kinetix 300 Master Gearing Question

lurby

I would like to turn a servo motor (slave) relative to the motion of a slide. The slide will be moved with a hydraulic cylinder. I would like to attach a linear encoder to the slide and make that encoder the master. The manual only shows a connection between two servo motors. I assume that this can be done with just one and an encoder?

Does anyone know if there are any specific requirements?

Most linear scales are 5v. Does it need to be 24v?

I don't know much about encoders but the manual shows connection points for A+, A-, B+, and B-.

Similar Topics

Have a system that has been running for over a year and all of a sudden getting a ExcessiveVelocityFault on one of the drives when the MSO command...
Replies
Views
Hello PLCS.Net Forum, First time posting. Let's assume I am a novice. BASIC PROBLEM: My servo/linear piston is no longer zeroed to the...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have a few machines that use Kinetix 300 (each machine has two drives). Both drives on one of the machine keep losing IP address. They...
Replies
Views
Hello, We have had a machine running for the last 10 years. It has 2 x Kinetix 300 drives. Around a year ago, one of the drives failed. We were...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a die punch machine with servo motor for material feeding. I'm using Kinetix 5300 to control the feeding system. Every recipe have...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom