Phoenix Contact SBT and AB PLC on Profibus

jmveerkamp

Hi everyone,
I am trying to read and write data using the following setup:
-Prosoft MVI69PDPV1
-AOI from Prosoft that does comms for the PLC
-Phoenix Contact profibus coupler IL PB BK DP V1-PAC
-Phoenix Contact Safety Bridge Technology I/O (1 LPSDO and 1 LPSDI)
-AB CompactLogix 1768-L43
I setup the profibus using Prosoft's software, Profibus Configuration Builder. Using this software I am able to see the my SBT I/O.
From here I created a test SBT routine in SAFECONF (exports as an AOI).
Then I used some AOIs from Phoenix Contact to try and read/write/operate the SBT I/O.
Currently the SBT I/O has no program in it and this is where I am running into an issue. The AOIs ask for offsets for each device for where to read/write from and I think this is why the SAFECONF file isn't downloading to the I/O modules.
Does anyone have any experience doing something like this? I have talked to Phoenix a few times and so far they have not been able to figure anything out either. Phoenix has a good tutorial on how to setup using EIP but the customer is requiring drives that only use Profibus. I seem to be hitting a wall...o_O
I figure maybe someone has done something similar. Any, and I mean any help is appreciated!
Johnny

I think SBT should be able to use profibus since Phoenix has the profibus bus coupler.

My screenshots are attached.
The first one is the Prosoft AOI for comms.
The second is the main routine, the first rung being the SAFECONF AOI and the next rungs should be able to read/write the SBT I/O.