ControlLogix PID: VFD Control limit 15-100%

As if not overspeed all motors to 70Hz! 100Hz if you wire them in delta and apply the rated star voltage instead.

Document your loop gains in engineering units!

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

But not their tea, obviously.

(apologies to the OP for completely derailing the thread. I hope you got the answers you needed!)

Typically what we do is always leave the PID output as 0-100%. We read the minimum and maximum output parameters from the VSD and then scale to that before sending the command on to the VSD (in the case where your VSD doesn't do that already.)

Good Luck,

Yosi

Don't be too hard on him. Australia also bought into that crazy fad called the "metric system" we heard so much about back in the 70's and 80's. I'm sure in time they will catch up with the modern world. (y)

Bubba.

There are two types of countries in the world:
1) Countries that use the metric system
2) Countries that have landed men on the moon

:ROFLMAO:

-rpoet