DF1/RS232 Port Splitter

bgrove

Anyone have any experience with using a 1747-DPS2 device? Bascially, have a Micrologix 1000 where the round port is being used by the HMI (Panel View 300). Scenario is that we need to get this Micrologix on the network to an OPC Server for data collection. The idea is to come out of the controller to this 1747-DPS2 device. Then plug the HMI into the device and plug our DF1/RS232 to Ethernet Gateway into the other serial port. I realize this product is discontinued, and I've seen a few forums where some had issues with the device timing out. Unless there is another device out there that I'm unfamiliar with that can split the DF1 into two serial connections.

Just remember that when you're splitting the DF1 port that you are splitting DF1 half duplex. Some of the DF1 bridging devices (like the NET-ENI) only work with DF1 Full Duplex which can't be split.