Wonderware InTouch issue with new PC

hill2cj

We have two workstations each running a Wonderware view application and each with an access name to get tags from the other. We recently upgraded one of the workstations from a Windows 7 PC to a Windows 10 PC. After the upgrade the tags from the new Windows 10 application are not updating on the Windows 7 PC. I changed the IP address in the access name settings to the new location but still no luck.

Any ideas what this could be? Some kind of permissions problem?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum..

What versions of Wonderware are you running?
What version of Windows are you running?
32 or 64 bit?
Did you transfer the license file to the new pc?
was the old pc a 32 bit system and the new pc a 64 bit system or vice-versa?

james

Are they remote tags? To share any information directly between HMI applications, both computers must have the same user/password as well.

Thank you all for your replies.

The recently upgraded PC is Windows 10 64-bit with InTouch v 11.1
The older PC is Windows 7 64-bit with InTouch v. 10.6

The license was transferred, yes, and all the other access names using SMC (ones talking to GE, AB, FSGateway, etc.) are all working. Just the access name talking to the new PC is broken.

It is using SuiteLink. Node name is the new IP address, application name is "View", topic name is "Tagname".

Yes, the username and password are the same on both work stations.

Does the "name" of the access name mean anything? Does it have to match the name of the view application or anything?

I ran into an issue once when using DAS were we had to make the user name and password for the wonderware "admin". Even when we had the same user name and passwords on both ends it would not work. We had the Wonderware guys involved for a few days and they could not find the issue. We ended up just leaving the user name and password as "admin" and everything worked as it should.