Project Documentation Memory

MY_USER.NAME

Hello Everyone-

Per the Rockwell Automation reference manual literature titled "Logix5000 Controllers Design Considerations" (1756-RM094I-EN-P), on page 13 it states that any of the L7X controllers (and beyond) have memory allocated to storing project documentation (Comment Descriptions, Alarm logs, & Extended Tag properties).

Some of programs for the customer I've been doing work for are poorly documented, which I've unfortunately found to be common. In making changes for them, I have been commenting and adding descriptions as I go along to help the next person who has to do any troubleshooting.

This got me to wondering: What is the memory capacity for the proj. documentation?

Since it's separate from the Logic & Data and IO memory, I don't think it's really critical, but I am curious, as I couldn't find where it states this in the manual or anywhere else.

Thanks in advance!

when logix 5000 first came out, you had to have an additional battery for the cpu and memory module(I think) for holding the comments memory in tact.

you should check with your distributor to see what the requirements are now
james