What is the best way to post a large PLC program on PLCtalk?

lunenburger

I am having an issue with my flex I/O analog over Remoto I/O.
I want to post my zipped program, but the file is over 3Mb.
What is the best way to post the PLC program?

Thanks in advance....

It is an Allen Bradley PLC5 to Controllogix conversion
(rewritten manually, not put through the conversion software)

the zipped file contains both the PLC5 file and the new Controllogix file
But even if I put them in separate zip files they are still too large

If you have a Google account you can use Google Drive. Upload it there, set it to shared and it will provide you with a download link that you can paste into a post here.

Lunenburger > It is an Allen Bradley PLC5 to Controllogix conversion
(rewritten manually, not put through the conversion software)

Dear Sirs,
This is a thread I will be interested in.
My past antique PLC-5/15 is cranking along just fine . . . but eventually . . .
Poet.

I did a test:

File Uncompressed:
ACD = 6267KB
L5K = 1302KB
L5X = 5166KB

.zip
ACD = 6133KB
L5K = 207KB
L5X = 367KB

.7z
ACD = 6130KB
L5K = 187KB
L5X = 294KB

I am doing a PLC5 to Controllogix upgrade (not using conversion software)

I hooked up the 1756-DHRIO card to the existing (and working) Remote I/O and everything came in perfect except the FlexI/O analog cards, and the first half of Rack 5 which is the second half of Chassis 3.

The issue with the first half of rack 5 may be that there are no cards to read?

I read the manual for the 1756-DHRIO and followed the outline for reading the Flex I/O and there is no mention of BTW's but I have seen posts where BTW should be used.

In the old PLC5 program the BTW's and BTR's for the analog modules are in Ladder 3 Rungs 11 through 15.

I recreated them in the Controllogix program "Messaging" Routine Rungs 20 and 21 but the BTR's are going into error for no connection.

The old PLC5 is still in operation, I just unplugged the RIO temporarily during some downtime

If anyone could shed some light on why the analog is not coming in that would be great....

Plus any critiques on the new program (positive or negative) would be appreciated...

Thanks